Instant snow

While not actually frozen-water crystals, this powdered polymer absorbs water and expands nearly 100 times into a flaky white non-toxic substance closely resembling real snow. It's science! Hooray, science!

Pour a few ounces into a beaker, add water, and watch as fresh snow erupts out of the top. Leave your snow alone for a few days and let it dry out, turning back into a compact powder. It can be reused again and again.

Each 8oz jar makes 2 full gallons of the fluffy stuff! While InstantSnow is non-toxic, we don't recommend eating any. Flush thoroughly withwater if it is accidentally ingested.

Source: thinkgeek.comAdded: 19 July 2006

Tags: chemistry