The Morph concept device is a bridge between highly advancedtechnologies and their potential benefits to end-users. This deviceconcept showcases some revolutionary leaps being explored by NokiaResearch Center (NRC) in collaboration with the Cambridge NanoscienceCentre (United Kingdom), nanoscale technologies that will potentiallycreate a world of radically different devices that open up an entirelynew spectrum of possibilities.
Morph concept technologies might create fantastic opportunities for mobile devices:
- Newly-enabled flexible and transparent materials blend more seamlessly with the way we live
- Devices become self-cleaning and self-preserving
- Transparent electronics offering an entirely new aesthetic dimension
- Built-in solar absorption might charge a device, whilst batteries become smaller, longer lasting and faster to charge
- Integrated sensors might allow us to learn more about the environment around us, empowering us to make better choices
Inaddition to the advances above, the integrated electronics shown in theMorph concept could cost less and include more functionality in a muchsmaller space, even as interfaces are simplified and usability isenhanced. All of these new capabilities will unleash new applicationsand services that will allow us to communicate and interact inunprecedented ways.
Source: nokia.comAdded: 26 June 2008